About Us

1812 - 1834

By Royal Demand

Richard Wall received his first Royal Appointment as "Pork Butcher to the Prince of Wales" in 1812. By 1834, Wall's commitment to quality was already legendary - it was so popular that it was forced to move to larger, more prestigious premises at 113 Jermyn Street. The company continued to thrive under Thomas and later, his sons, Thomas Wall II and Frederick, who ran the business with such dedication that a series of Royal Appointments followed from King George III, Queen Victoria, King Edward VII, King George IV and King George V.